Orange Amplifiers, the British based pioneering force in guitar amplifiers, can now announce the final specification and price for the much anticipated and revolutionary all-in-one computer amplifier speaker – The OPC. The OPC is more than a high quality all-in-one powerful computer, it has been designed to deliver playing, recording, editing and computing capabilities to musicians and music aficionados.
If you play guitar, are in the market for a new PC, can wait until August, and like orange, then Orange Amplifers’ OPC may be just the ticket. The $1,499 price tag becomes a little easier to swallow when you consider the included hardware interfaces and music software. Orange calculates the value of the music software at $860, which includes:
- Presonus Studio Orange Custom Edition ( Professional level recording software offering powerful user friendly music creation and production application for artists of all levels)
- Acoustica Mixcraft – Full Version ( Easy to use multi-track studio software to record audio, arrange loops, remix tracks, compose with virtual instruments, score and edit video, and add effects to create stunningly professional compositions.)
- IK Multimedia Amplitube 3 ( Full Version of this leading guitar and bass tone gear modelling software. Over 160 ultra-accurately modelled sounds including brand new Custom Orange Amp models. Plug in your guitar; choose your sound and your away! )NOTE: if you’re looking for a more modest portable version Amplitube 3, the iPhone/iPod/iPad version is now available in the app store.
- Toontracks – EZ Drummer Lite ( market leading multi-sampled acoustic drum-kit library to create great drums track in just a few clicks )
- Licklibrary – Guitar Tuition Software (Exclusive to OPC, selection of free guitar lessons from one of the world’s largest guitar education brands delivered through a Licklibrary media player )
The OPC includes a 24-bit audio interface with both guitar and mic inputs. Additional features:
- 15 watt RMS per channel stereo amplifier (into 4 ohms) with 2 band EQ, – 2 x JBL 6.5” 55 Watt RMS Dual Concentric Speakers both mounted into an optimised cabinet for enhanced cooling and acoustics.
- Portable strong lightweight vinyl covered wooden case with an all aluminium powder-coated chassis featuring the same iconic design as a small Orange Amplifier optimised for personal computer use.
- Direct stereo line to the internal amplifier allows the OPC to be used as an amplifier and speaker for any playback device- from iPods to Microphones
Although Orange describes the OPC as “portable”, considering the number of cables, the need for a monitor, and the treatment amps typically get when being loaded in and out, I doubt many will be taking this thing on the road. But if you have your primary amp at a rehearsal space and your main computer somewhere else in the house, this may be a nice addition to your personal music studio. That assumes you are happy with the PC platform and included software.
While there may be a limited audience for the OPC, just imagine the beautiful music you could make by pairing it with the DrumIt 5. Start your search now for an orange bass and keyboard to complete your citrus combo.
500GB Hard DIsk Drive; 7200 rpm, 16MB cache
4GB dual-channel DDR2 800 (PC6400)
NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300 integrated graphics (overclocked GPU)
GPU clock: 580 MHz / Shader clock: 1400 MHz
HDMI/VGA/DVI-I allowing up to 3 monitor outputs at the same time
Onboard 5.1-channel high-definition audio (via 3 stereo mini-jacks) and Optical * Coaxial S/PDIF outputs
2 independent ¼” jack inputs for guitar, microphone or instrument, switchable and attenuated
2 line-output ¼” jack sockets
2 powered jack sockets for external speaker use
Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF outputs
Intel® Pentium® Processor E5400 (2M Cache, 2.70 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
7 USB 2.0 ports and 1 eSATA port for adding extra storage and devices.
PCI-E x16 accepting a range of interfaces from PCI-E x1 through to x16.
Includes a top loaded (slot loading) DVD±RW DL for easy access and built-in Wi-Fi (802.11g) featuring a top loaded antenna maximising signal strength and throughput.