Available now for pre-order, the iRig promises the same low latency as IK Multimedia’s PC and Mac modeling apps for just $39.99. That price includes the instrument interface adapter and a free version of AmpliTube for iPhone with 3 stompboxes, 1 amp+cabinet, and 2 microphones. And a digital tuner. Oh, and a metronome.
Used with headphones, it sounds perfect for practice, but the output can also be sent to mixers, amps, or powered speakers. And the input will accept line level signals from synthesizers, keyboards, and mixers. Let’s give it a listen. WARNING: Once again, the sound doesn’t come up fully until about 10 seconds in, so go easy on the volume knob to start.
AmpliTube iRig Features:
- Real time guitar and bass mobile multiFX app
- Full rig made by 3 simultaneous stompboxes + amp + cabinet + mic
- 11 Stomps, 5 Amps, 5 Cabinets, 2 Mics available
- Import and play with songs or backing tracks with real time effects
- 36 presets can be saved/recalled on the fly
- Includes tuner/metronome
- Free, LE and Full versions available
- Free and LE versions expandable with a-la-carte downloadable gear
- Same low-latency as Mac/PC systems
See the IK Multimedia site for more details on the LE and FULL versions.