About My Music Thing (MMT)
My Music Thing is the handcrafted artisan music blog at the intersection of art, commerce, and technology. We are dedicated to creating, compiling, and curating the best resources available to help you better discover, understand, enjoy, compose, practice, play, and perform music. The primary focus is on popular music, but all styles are welcome.
It’s all about me!
The oldest and most-loved son in a family of seven children, David was born in our Nation’s Capital during the second month of the International Geophysical Year (IGY). Raised on the wrong side of the tracks in Berwyn Heights, Maryland, he was put to work at a tender age steaming crabs for the family business: Phil & Nick’s Seafood Carryout.
As a young man entering Archbishop John Carroll high school in Washington DC, David was given the opportunity to learn a musical instrument. Tragically, he took up the drums instead. He has since performed with ensembles ranging from jazz trio, to rock band, to symphony orchestra, served as music director for a dance theatre, and worked in radio, television, and film production.
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/mymusicthing
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mymusicthing/
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mymusicthingy/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mymusicthing/
Enough about me.
- I welcome your comments and look forward to reading them!
- Don’t be a jerk. Inane and abusive comments will be deleted along with spam.
- If you have grammatical errors in your comments, I may correct them. Sorry about that, but rest assured that I will not change your message. Unless your message was that you can’t spell or write. I don’t do this for all the comments — only when I have the time and/or the errors are too much to bear.
You can do the following with my content:
- Read it (obviously)
- Share it
- Save it (for personal use)
- Excerpt it (with credit)
Please don’t do any of the following things with my content:
- Use my posts in their entirety on other sites, unless given written permission
- Use portions of my content without identifying me as their author (giving me credit) and linking back to me
- Start re-distributing my content somewhere else without my knowledge and permission
We are not paid to review or write about any products. MMT has affiliate relationships with the sites below. If you click on a link to these sites from anywhere within My Music Thing, you won’t pay any more (might even receive a discount), and we may receive a commission if you purchase the product or service. In which case, thanks!
Some ads are provided by the MOG Music Network (MMN) http://www.mog.com